Carpool to Modesto
Looking to find a carpool to attend a volunteer canvass? You can use this tool to organize and find rides.
HOW TO CREATE CARPOOL LINKS
Instructions for how to create a carpool link:
1. Go to groupcarpool.com
2. Click on the green circle that says “Companies and Non-Profits”
3. Click on a blue button that says “Create Carpool”
4. Click on the button that says “get started” SMALL TRIPS plan (the only free plan) which can have up tp 50 participants.
5. You will then fill in three pieces of information: trip name, your email, and the language
6. You will then be asked whether or not you prefer 3 or 4 columns (4 has departing and return columns and 3 doesn’t so I always use 4).
7. From here on out the other set of instructions applies to everything you need to do.
*Once you create the carpool there is a place to copy and paste the link. You ALSO get a confirmation email after everyone you create with the link in it.*
HOW TO USE THE CARPOOL WEBSITE:
You can do two things on this site, either create a carpool, or join an existing one.
We recommend that the meet up location be at a BART station so folks joining a carpool who do not have cars can more easily reach their carpool. DRIVERS, please ENTER the desired BART station in the NOTES SECTION. PASSENGERS, leave that field blank because you will want to go to the BART station recommended by your driver (unless there is some other note you need to add).
How to create a carpool:
-go to the top left corner of the page where it says create a carpool and click on it. There will be a space to fill out the following information:
Number of Seats
Please note: some of these fields are mandatory, some are not. However, it is most helpful if all of the information is filled out to the fullest extent.
How to join a carpool:
- the existing carpools will show up in a vertical list down the page, and will be marked as full if there are no longer seats available in the car. If there are seats, you can join by clicking on the car, and there will be space to fill out the following information:
What kind of ride do you need? (Round Trip / Departing Trip / Return Trip)
Again please note: some of these fields are mandatory, some are not. However, it is most helpful if all of the information is filled out to the fullest extent.
DIRECTIONS to MODESTO OFFICE
Here's a googlemaps link.
And some detailed DRIVING DIRECTIONS:
Our office is located on the corner of 10th and J St. above Ralston’s Goat Restaurant and Bistro. It is across the street from Picasso’s Deli and kitty corner to Subway. Look for the entrance between Ralston's Goat outside seating area.
Coming from North of the office, get on 99 South, take exit 226B for 5th St., turn left on K St. then right on 10th St. The office will be on your right.
Coming from South of the office, get on 99 North, take exit 226B for 6th St., take a right on I St., then a left on 10th St. The office will be on your left.
PARKING: There is 2 hour street parking and all day parking 4 blocks south on G Street and one block west on 9th Street in front of the bus and train station.
This service is provided as a referral service only. By submitting the information below, you acknowledge that you are voluntarily sharing this information with interested carpool participants. It is your responsibility to determine whether it is appropriate to meet with them.
In addition, each driver is solely responsible for:
- notifying their insurance provider of their intent to carry passengers
- ensuring they have adequate insurance coverage to protect drivers and their passengers, and
- ensuring their vehicle is safely maintained and driven.
Working America is not responsible for arranging carpools, assessing the suitability of individuals participating in a carpool referral service, and/or for any personal injury or property damage resulting from shared rides.
By following this link, you agree that you are age 18 years or older, and that you understand and agree to this disclaimer statement.